Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

A Day in the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston

Sunday, March 19, 2023

 

I've decided I'll be easing back into my writing habit slowly. I did not intend to take a pause, although I admit it was mostly because the world was opening up again that I felt like I focused my energy into more irl interactions, as if to make up for lost time. I always find myself back here again, though. I think writing, reflecting, and documenting life will remain to be an integral part of who I am no matter what phase I'm in. 

I'll start by recounting events from my latest US trip. One of my favorites would definitely be our day at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston. I don't think an international trip with Anna Jo could ever be complete without a visit to a museum. This was also my first time in a long time to be surrounded by artworks, so you could just imagine how excited and happy I was to be here!

What excites me most is being able to learn new things about history and other cultures, making observations, seeing different techniques and colors, and admiring works from world-renowned artists. There's just something about getting to admire all the details up close. We went on a Thursday, a day in the week where the entrance fee is waived. 



One of my favorites


Multiple upside down selfies! :-) 




In the human world, what arouses our body and feeling of vitality is Eternity. I have been living in this Eternity, where enormous love for humanity passes through and the vast brilliance of life is infinitely reflected... We keep flashing and disappearing, and again blossoming out in this Eternity.

The highlight for my sister and I would be the Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity by Yayoi Kusama. It's a lovely installation wherein you get to be inside a room filled with lights that slowly come to life, its energy intensifies until it goes out all of a sudden. You then find yourself in the dark for a few seconds until the lights come back again. 

Sharing with you some of my favorite works. What do you like when you see art? Do you prefer thought-provoking ones, or those that make you feel calm inside? 





I like the colors and also the detail on the woman's gown! I admire how crisp it looks. 



This one caught my eye, because of the gentleman wearing a suit while riding together with fellow natives. I also like the yellow tree in the background. I think this was also my first time seeing Native American art. 


Mummy! I remember my first encounter with mummy displays in the British Museum. I was sneezing lots :")


I can't pass up on the opportunity to admire bright and vivid artworks. I love incorporating a lot of colors into my artworks as well, which is why I gravitate towards colorful pieces in museums. 






I remembered the movie Hercules upon seeing these vases!


This is such a VIBE. <3



I admit I also had an art block for the longest time. Perhaps I just needed a break from all that I was familiar with, to seek new experiences so I can come back feeling inspired. That's the nice thing about hobbies or cultivating a craft; we can always pick them back up for when we feel like creating things again. Inspiration can be drawn around us as well. If for instance I want to get back into writing, I would read a lot. If I want to get back into making art, I would look at a lot of art. 

Writing this entry made me look back at old blog entries on museums I've gone to and written about. I'd like to share my experiences with you as well, if you haven't read them yet!








---

Hope you enjoyed looking around, dear reader! :-)

Post a Comment