Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Nasugbu, Batangas

Wednesday, April 10, 2019


3 months in to the year and I am already tired. There's no sugar coating it, but indeed it has already manifested physically, through back pains and astigmatism.

But last week's beach trip was a breather. My friends and I rented an Airbnb place in Nasugbu, Batangas for a night. We (spontaneously!! the J in me was very much challenged to adapt and be flexible) went on boat rides and (they) went cliff diving, snorkeling, and (I reluctantly) went on a banana boat ride. Sorry parentals, I hope you're not reading this. But it is what it is. I love my friends for pushing me beyond my comfort zone, that's what friends are for. Honestly though, I just wanted to chill you know, just float around the shallow part of the beach and sunbathe... but anywhoo, all those things happened and it was wonderful.


Seeing all the blue around me for an hour as we sailed to one island to another was much needed. Seeing the calmness of the waves and the deepness of the blue beneath us was therapeutic.


I also found a new appreciation for the sun. I never knew how people sought after it so much until I went to a country where people rejoice and lay out their picnic blankets in parks at the first sight of sunshine they see. I never knew how it could literally brighten up someone's mood, just to have the sun's rays hit their skin. I must admit though, I only like the sun for the most part when I am on vacation/in the beach.

Meanwhile here in the Philippines, everyone hides from it. Well, understandable because the way the sun shines here is more intense since we're near the equator. But it's great, to have it anyway. I'd rather have the sun over the rain any day.




The sun setting over the ocean's horizon seems to be my mood. While I like seeing the different shades of blue, I'd like to think there's something extra special with how the sun's rays spill through the waters as it bids goodbye to this side of the earth.

I must say, it was also a weird feeling not being in the office for the day. But I know now I must not deprive myself of a proper mental vacation.
---

Happy Wednesday! Have a great rest of your week, and see you on the weekend : - ) 


Follow

Post a Comment