Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Postcard from Oxford, England

Sunday, April 7, 2019


Oxford reminded me a bit of Bath, because of its colors. We were well into summer now though, so it was bright and sunny for the most part!




I peeked through a covered market and was fascinated by this mural. So much play of colors!





Bodleian libraries, known to be the oldest and largest library system in the UK.



To get around the colleges, students have to walk or take bikes. You can take a car, but... people here love to walk. And I love them for loving walking.


Radcliffe Camera! One of Oxford's iconic libraries.



Bridge of Sighs. 











Some artifacts I found interesting:


Lawrence of Arabia's cape and dagger. He was a commendable diplomat during the war with the Turks.


This is Elias Ashmole, the museum's founder. I like this portrait of him; so much sass.


I took a lot of photos of these. I can dedicate one whole blog entry just for these wares. I'll think about it.


Poccahontas' dad's cape / Powhatan's mantle


Ashmolean museum is open everyday from 10AM - 5PM. Admission is free. 

---

I also entitled this blog entry as such because I DID get to buy a postcard from Oxford. I found it in a thrift shop. I didn't mail it to myself though because I have trust issues with our local mailing system. I'm afraid they might lose it forever.


This postcard spoke to me. It's a watercolor print of Hyde park, a woman strolling around with her child and pet dog. Its print on the back described the life of the painter, Rose Maynard Barton (1856-1929), who frequented Dublin and London to paint many scenes of city parks, monuments, and streets.

---

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday, wherever you are. ♡♡♡♡


Follow

2 comments

  1. Some really lovely pictures! I've never visited Oxford, perhaps it needs to go onto my to do list!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    The Modern Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! Oxford is truly a lovely place, hope you get to go someday!

      Delete