Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Where To Eat in Baguio

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

 Garden set found in Hatch Coffee, Baguio

I've been to Baguio twice so far this year. I've shared most of my photos on Instagram, but I wanted to document the food places I've been to on here as well since I have this habit of rereading my past blog entries. It'll be my reference for whenever I find myself back up there again and hopefully you'd get to try them out as well! 

Whenever I'm in Baguio it's almost always a food trip, wherein my friends and I would go cafe hopping and dine in good restaurants. Sometimes I ask myself: what makes it any different from doing it here in Manila? I guess just the idea of being away from tall buildings, being surrounded by mountain views and pine trees, having easy access to parks, and reveling in the refreshingly cold weather-- all these things while eating good food makes all the difference. 

This entry will be a long one, but please do allow me to share with you my favorite places to eat in Baguio.. along with some of my personal anecdotes! :-) 


Seollem Cafe

📌 74 Del Nacia Apartments, Camp 7, Baguio City

Girl walking to Seollem Cafe, a Korean-inspired coffee shop located in Baguio

My friends and I went to Seollem Cafe for breakfast. Going here involved us walking up and down the  slopes while it was lightly drizzling. We took a short walk going there and we passed by dorms and tutoring centers for Koreans before we arrived. 

We had a table reserved just in case since it was a weekend. We ordered their kimchi fried rice and bibimbap, which were both really good. The best thing about these dishes would be that you have to mix them up with the egg, which I realize I like doing. 

Bibimbap, Kimchee Fried Rice, Coffee, and Matcha Dalgona Coffee for breakfast

This was my first time tasting dalgona coffee (I didn't jump on the pandemic bandwagon :(( sowwee) and I liked how it was matcha flavored. It was a sweet drink, but I personally enjoyed it. 

Interiors of Seollem Cafe, Baguio

I really liked their interiors and playlist; it felt like I was in a Korean drama. The crew was so friendly and cheerful as well, very responsive on social media. 
 

Cafe by the Ruins

📌25 Shuntug Rd, Baguio, Benguet

Cafe by the Ruins restaurant in Baguio on a rainy night in June

I went to Cafe by the Ruins on both of my trips. It's near Burnham Park so it won't be so hard to miss. I went here for lunch and dinner on separate occasions, and I felt it was cool that their signage lights up this way; it captured how it was raining that night my friend and I went here. 

Bagnet order from Cafe by the Ruins, Baguio Shrimp with coconut curry order from Cafe by the Ruins, Baguio

I had bagnet for lunch during my first trip here. It was quite filling and it's served with red rice. 

On my second time around, I had the shrimp with coconut curry. I wanted to try something different and this one seemed like the next most interesting they had on their menu after their bagnet. I ended up really liking it! It wasn't too spicy and I liked the coconut taste. I think I'll have this one again when I come back. 

Cafe by the Ruins' bakery in Baguio

Another notable thing would be that they sell bread. :-) I recommend their kamote bread with pate spread. Tastes really good especially when warm. 

Foam Coffee

Instagram || Facebook
📌 U/G Travelite Hotel Bldg. Shuntug St. Baguio City

Doughnuts from Foam Coffee, Baguio

Right after Cafe by the Ruins, my friend and I walked to Foam Coffee for dessert. We ordered horchata and doughnuts. Their doughnuts were delicious! They have a lot of flavors and it was overwhelming to choose just one, because they all looked so good. Their horchata was okay!

Pavlova doughnut from Foam Coffee

I got their pavlova doughnut. I liked how soft and fluffy it is and the fruit topping and icing was so good. I look forward to trying out other flavors next time :)

Rebel Bakehouse

📌KM. 3 Naguilian Rd, Baguio, 2600 Benguet

Rebel Bakehouse signage from outside

I'm a huge fan of croissants, so I definitely love this cafe with all my heart. Their croissants are huge, has the right amount of flakiness, and comes in different flavors. They have great flavors, but I think my absolute favorite would be Strawberries and Cream. They also have rice meals which were good too.

Food orders from Rebel Bakehouse, Baguio

Strawberries and Cream Croissant from Rebel Bakehouse, BaguioStrawberries and Cream Croissant from Rebel Bakehouse, Baguio

The anatomy of a Strawberries and Cream croissant!!! It's so pretty. I can say that the hype is real for this place. It's a bit far from the city center, but I'd say it's worth visiting and eating their freshly baked croissants. 

The Gather Inn

📌 6 Gen Lim, Barangay Burnham


Right outside The Gather Inn, Baguio

This one's a transient house with a cafe on the ground floor. It's got a homey wooden interior and has outdoor seating. My friend and I had coffee here after lounging around in our airbnb, so we definitely felt energized after!

Coffee from The Gather Inn, Baguio

We watched the rain pour as we sipped on our coffee. It was cold but refreshing and overall just a relaxing time. 

Lemon and Olives

Instagram || Facebook
📌26 Outlook Drive 2600 Baguio City, Philippines

Greek cuisine at Lemon and Olives, Baguio

This is my go-to restaurant for Greek cuisine in Baguio. I went here on both occasions when I was up here and I don't think I would ever tire of it. They really do have good food, nice ambiance, and a beautiful view when seated outside. I always get my usual order which would be the Souvlaki plate a dish of grilled beef, pork, lamb, or chicken. 

Baklava cheesecake from Lemon and Olives, Baguio

Baklava for dessert! It's been a while since I last had a good one.



Amare La Cucina

Instagram || Facebook
📌1 Villamor Drive,Brgy Lualhati, Albergo Hotel Unit-122A 2600 Baguio City, Philippines

Making pizza by the brick oven at La Amare Cucina, Baguio

On our way home back to Manila, my friend and I had to find a restaurant to have lunch in which should ideally be near the bus terminal. Thankfully we received a recommendation to try out Amare La Cucina which was right beside Victory Liner!! We dragged along with us our bags and settled in the restaurant. It seemed like we were the first customers for the day and they asked if we would be interested to make our own pizza orders. We obliged and had fun as we twirled around the dough and added toppings and placed them beside the fireplace. We made the Alvins (pesto base) pizza and Margherita and I'm happy to report that they turned out well : - )

Pizza and pasta at La Amare Cucina, Baguio

The truffle pasta was yummy!! 


Seollem Bistro

Instagram || Facebook
📌2F ECCO4 Building, Military Cut-Off 2600 Baguio City, Philippines

Interiors, glasses, flowers, at Seollem Bistro, Baguio

Dried flowers at Seollem Bistro, Baguio

There's another Seollem!? Yes, and this one is located near the city center. It's much more spacious than the first and has a lot of charming and aesthetic corners. It even has a shop at the corner wherein you can buy postcards and dried flowers. 

Blue Pea Tea and Butterfly Hallabong Tea drinks from Seollem Bistro, BaguioCroissant dessert from Seollem Bistro, Baguio

We got their colorful drinks, which were the Blue Pea Tea and Butterfly Hallabong Tea respectively. It's fun mixing them because you'll see their colors blend together. Blue Pea tastes much like milk tea while the Butterfly one has a citrus taste. We had their croissant with fruits and ice cream, which went well with our drinks.. sugar overload haha! 

Hatch Coffee

Instagram || Facebook
📌135 Easter Road corner Road 1 Manzanillo 2600 Baguio City, Philippines

Hatch coffee signage in Baguio

Hatch Coffee! Really good sandwiches, burgers, and coffee. It's a very peaceful and relaxing place to hangout in, and I heard they have yoga sessions here too. 
I had their Ube Grilled Cheese sandwich and Hatch Burger. 

Ube Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Hatch Coffee, Baguio A really good burger from Hatch Coffee, Baguio

Horchata drink from Hatch Coffee, Baguio

I think this is the best horchata I've ever tasted so far in my lifetime. I ordered it twice just because it was so good!!! 

Le Vain Bakery

📌15 Unit G-1 Outlook Drive 2600 Baguio City, Philippines

Le Vain Bakery, Baguio

This one's a Korean bakery and we dropped by here for a quick breakfast. My friend bought tofu chips from here, which I have to say was really good. I had their lychee drink and red bean doughnut, which I liked. I noticed they have their bread products sold in other K-marts around Baguio. Must be because they're really good. 

Bread you can get from Le Vain Bakery, Baguio

Gypsy by Chef Waya

📌6 Quezon Hill Rd 2 2600 Baguio City, Philippines


Gypsy by Chef Waya in Baguio

Another nice brunch place I would definitely recommend. 
We went here early just in case since it was a weekend. 

Bibimbap from Gypsy by Chef Waya in Baguio Interior of Gypsy by Chef Waya in Baguio

If I recall correctly, I had their version of bibimbap. It was so good and filling and much like the bibimbap I had at Seollem, it was a joy mixing everything up. 

They have lovely interiors and they also have a cafe right outside! Wanted to sit in their outdoor area and try out their coffee although it was already full. Next time!

Baguio Craft Brewery

Instagram || Facebook
📌 4 Ben Palispis Hwy, KM 4, Baguio, 2600 Benguet

Baguio Craft Brewery, Baguio

Strawberry Beer from Baguio Craft Brewery, Baguio

Need a place for a good night cap? Here's one I could share, which also has good live music and lovely views at night. 
We went here though primarily because of the food and drinks. I was able to try out their beer which had different flavors but my favorite was strawberry. 

Night view at Baguio Craft Brewery, Baguio

I'm ending this blog entry with a beautiful view of the houses resting on hill tops, on a cold summer night. 

---

OH Another one I'd like to add to this list is Canto. They have really good Lomo ribs :-)!


I'd like to thank you if you've read this far!! I hope this would be helpful for you if ever you find yourself up in Baguio. I personally have been there many times especially during my active years in our youth camp. We would stay within camp grounds only however, so we weren't really able to go around and enjoy other spots. It's only in the recent years that I've come to appreciate this city a lot more and only now that I've had the chance to really explore and discover that there's a lot more to the place. It somehow became a happy place of sorts, filled with many things that I love such as good food places, thrift stores, artsy spaces, parks, nature trails, and of course... good cold weather. 

Speaking of cold weather, it's been cold since it's been raining lots in Manila. 

I hope you keep safe and dry, dear reader. 

Post a Comment