Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

What Keeps Us Going

Saturday, September 17, 2022


Hey there, it's been a while. I realize this may be the longest I've been away ever since I started writing in this space (correct me if I'm wrong!). But let's see.. it's been 3 months. In that span of time, a lot of things have happened: many books have been read, met different kinds of people, rekindled past friendships, gained a lot of work wins and work woes, revisited old and explored new coffee shops, played lots of badminton, went out on a lot of walks.... the list goes on. I look back and realize how time flies so fast and so much can change within 3 months. 

I read through one of my past entries (this one from May in particular) and I remember typing this with all my hesitations in mind about how the upcoming months would pan out. There's a lot to learn in every experience, and even though there are things I thought I already knew, I still forget them. 

That's life though, and I think we can only get better if we keep experiencing more of it, again and again. Yet at the same time it can be tiring. I admit I'm tired and I'm in the midst of recalibrating and carving out more time for rest. A concrete way for me to do this would be by constantly thinking about my activities and what is it about them that keeps me going.


Lately I've been finding rest through reading books. A dear friend and I formed a book club recently, wherein we'd swap books and read together in a cafe. I feel as if I've rediscovered my past superpower, which would be the ability to read a book in a span of 1-2 days. The more you read, the more you'll find yourself flipping through the pages faster. It has also motivated me to write more, especially since it's evaluation season for my work; I need to write a lot. I'll also be writing my thoughts about the books I've read, real soon. :-)

I've also been playing lots of badminton. I realize one of the things I like with the sport would be the connections made. I've made it a point to play with many different kinds of players with a wide age range. Much like with any other team sport, there's that sense of community and it makes the time spent more worthwhile. Now that the world has opened up again, I observed a lot of people are getting into the sport, and that's pretty cool. 

Then of course, my beloved walks. Lots of them. Sharing a photo from last week which made me forget all about my self-induced worries:


I allow myself to be in awe, even if it's just for a moment. It reminds me that there's really just so much more to life, and there's much more of life to live. 

I hope you have a restful weekend, dear reader.

Post a Comment