Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

First Month of Bullet Journaling

Saturday, July 1, 2017

I had to wait for the end of the month before I could post this. I wanted to try it out for a whole month so that I could present it all in one entry. I'm thinking I'll be doing this every month end, so that I could share my experiences, and insights as I go through my bullet journaling journey.



I originally started out with a Starbucks planner which was gifted to me, but then I grew tired of it and the empty pages bothered me. I decided it was time to shift to something more personalized.


I don't think there is any set rule as to when one should start bullet journaling. I decided to cover the second half of the year, because I wanted to be more organized especially with all the things that I have to do, and because I now have more added responsibilities.




What I'm using is simply a brown notebook with unlined pages. I prefer unlined pages because I like having space to decorate and design how I want my days to look like. I just use a ruler whenever I need straight lines.



The pens I use are my Staedtler fineliners (although sadly I am missing some), and these brushpens I've owned since way back in high school, "Whispers Strokes" as it's called. Haha.


For my June spread, I incorporated two colors, which would be mint green and peach. They're quite light and subtle as seen on the photos, which I like. I added a June highlights page wherein I drew a summary of things that I want to remember that happened in June, may it be an event or a simple change in lifestyle.


Here is a sneak peek of July! I'm using just one color this time.


Thoughts on Bullet Journaling


  • For each month, I want to experiment with different styles. Indeed this is my creative outlet, and designing it makes me feel more motivated and excited to actually stick to writing on it. 
  • I am now able to remember events quicker now because I have something I can look back to. 
  • My journal has also made me fall in love with lists all over again. If there are tasks you weren't able to accomplish today, you can always move it to the next, as long as it doesn't surpass the deadline. 
  • I look forward for the improvement of my handwriting as well!


What are your thoughts? Do you own a bullet journal? Share it with me!

Follow

18 comments

  1. Every year I try to do bullet journals but after every week I stop, and I regret it. I usually use the Starbucks planner and maybe that's why? I can't write out my creative thoughts nor design it the way I want? Or maybe it's just me being lazy. However, this post motivated me! You should definitely do monthly posts of these :) A lovely inspiration.

    yuki, solivagantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I like about starting with a blank notebook is that I get to personalize it. With the Starbucks planner, it already has its own theme and design so sometimes it gets boring to write on, so yes, I agree with your point on not being able to personalize it. And thank you very much as well, I'm glad this post has motivated you :) it motivates me in return to writing about my experiences on bullet journaling. Have a great day, Yuki! :)

      Delete
  2. Your drawings are so pretty Anna! I'm so jealous hahaha I haven't tried bullet journalling before, it does seem like a great way to stay organised with so many things going on in life. :)

    yanrula x
    Let's connect: Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yanrula :) Indeed, it is a great way to stay organized while keeping in touch with our creative side!

      Delete
  3. Nice drawings and layouts! I've always wanted to do a bullet journal but just can't seem to get a hang of doing it everyday. :)

    Keep it up, Anna!
    xx jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jhanz! :) no pressure, really; you don't have to write on it everyday or fill up each day with bullets :) it's entirely up to you!

      Delete
  4. OMg I love looking at journals! I also do journalling on my ig page!

    XOXO
    Shi Hui|IreviewUread
    ireviewuread.com
    instagram.com/ireviewureadsh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Journaling is indeed a lot of fun! Thanks for dropping by, Shi Hui :)

      Delete
  5. Your handwriting anddrawings are lovely! I've recently really wanted to start journaling and this post gave me a nudge as well haha.

    Stella xx
    https://onegirlblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stella! Thank you; I surely hope that my handwriting and drawings will improve as I continue with my journaling. And yes, go for it! :) Journaling is always a good idea. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  6. I have tried to start a bullet journal a few times, but I struggle to commit. Maybe I will try to pick it up again soon. I love your June highlights page, by the way! Your doodles are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely fun once you do it consistently :) it's also very helpful in remembering important details. And thank you! :) my highlights page is definitely my favorite part

      Delete
  7. looks great! I love bulletjournaling, started about 6 months ago, and have been hocked ever since. Nothing compares to the freedom of this style of planning, in my opinion. I have the same pens - the Staedtler ones - those are my absolute planning favorites! Blessings

    Claudia
    http://avalon-media.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claudia! I agree; having the freedom to design our planners helps us to be more creative. Indeed, Staedtler pens are a must for planner enthusiasts! Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  8. So lovely. It's nice to put your own stamp on a personal bullet journal. Lovely ideas and to see how you do it. Xxxx Bestest wishes xx

    Keep Calm and start writing -
    www.23millymay25.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely. It's nice to put your own stamp on a personal bullet journal. Lovely ideas and to see how you do it. Xxxx Bestest wishes xx

    Keep Calm and start writing -
    www.23millymay25.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so creative! I would need more of a filled out bullet journal. Sadly, I don't have tons of time to get fancy. My handwriting isn't as lovely either lol. I do however, love getting tons of stickers for my journal. :D

    xo,
    Kat | PersianKittyKat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to put a lot of stickers on my journal as well! This time around I'm planning to make some of my own :)

      Delete