Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Muji 2018 Planner

Saturday, February 3, 2018

January went by so slow for me, to be honest. I'd also see tweets on my timeline on how it felt like a year already for others! It's funny, yet this is also a great reminder to take things slowly. During the start of this year, I committed to writing more and to actually use my planner. Last year, I attempted to do bullet journaling, however I wasn't consistent with it and had to drop it entirely, as much as it pains me to be honest about it. It's always a constant battle for me when it comes to making time for things that I really enjoy doing, but one thing for sure is that I won't give up in trying.




For 2018, I decided to use a Muji planner! I've always been attracted to Muji's aesthetics, because of its neat and minimalist style. This comes in three sizes, and I got the medium one. It also comes in dark gray. 

The thing with me and white spaces though is that while I admire white spaces, I always have this tendency to want to fill it up. I figured that with Muji's minimalist style, I could personalize it and play with the spaces to make it my own. 


While others may find that the space provided on the left side pages where the days are outlined to be quite restricting and small, it actually challenges me to be brief and to think of only what is necessary in writing about that certain day. It could range from events, to-do lists, and moments I don't want to forget. I don't want to limit myself with only writing down stuff I need to do. As much as I want my planner to help me in being productive, I also want to record the small and intricate details of daily life. 

On the right side is a grid space where I decided I would place in highlights or things that have inspired me throughout that week. 



I have a bunch of photos saved from instagram (thank goodness for that bookmarking option!) and I haven't printed anything in a while, so I decided to print some photos. Listing down things I look forward to gets me excited all the time, and it reminds me of what I need to prepare for. Used washi tape for this as well! I ran out of glue stick huhu


This week was filled with catching up with friends, trying out new places, celebrating my parents' 31st anniversary, and going to Prayer Mountain. Going to Prayer Mountain was definitely a special kind of experience, and something that I wasn't aware that it was a time and space that my soul yearned for so much before I got there. Nothing can ever be more important than time spent with God.



I found this pretty neat diary on instagram called the Background Music Diary (bgm diary for short!). The characters were all in Korean though, but I pretty much assume that it's meant for writing down lyrics. I've also been listening to a lot of K-Music lately. This one's my favorite playlist that's been on repeat! It's a mix of RnB, hiphop and lofi electronic beats. 


Lately I've successfully established a constant jogging routine which consists of going out to the park outside of my building after 6PM and jogging for at least 30 minutes once a week. I do this with my workfriends, and we've agreed upon an end goal wherein we should be able to climb up a mountain by the end of all this jogging haha! #push

This week I've also witnessed the lunar eclipse and the red moon. It was a beautiful sight to behold.


Would like to introduce to you guys my brand new muse, Hu Yitian. He's from a Chinese Drama I've been watching entitled: A Love So Beautiful. Please give it a try!


Writing on our planners should be something we enjoy, and I've definitely enjoyed writing on mine so far. I'll certainly share on here more for the upcoming months. 

---

Thank you for dropping by, dear reader! How's the year so far? Do you have a planner for this year? 


Follow

Post a Comment