Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

When you don't know what to paint, paint the sky

Sunday, August 23, 2020

 

Long weekends this year are just a great blessing, really. I appreciate the extra day in a weekend to not worry about being productive.


Well, I still do want to use my time wisely, but I try my best to balance my time for rest and activities. It's just simply a time for creative projects (such as writing on here!) and more naps. 

It's honestly been a while since I last painted something, but I decided to paint again since my art materials have been gathering dust, and I felt now more than ever is the best time to make art. There's no use in saving these paints for later. 



"When you don't know what to paint, paint the sky - oh no nina" 

Inspired by oh no nina's vlog which I remember I watched last year, I followed her advice and decided to paint the sky.  


These are photos I took before, back when I had the privilege of having a 7:30-16:30 shift, and I would be home by 18:00. I would treat myself for a walk around the village, and I would catch the sky changing its hues.



---

Keeping it short and sweet today. :") lately I have been ...


cooking eggs for breakfast
cycling on my stationary bike until my butt hurts
playing with my makeup before they expire
listening to this song on replay:

Have a lovely Sunday, dear reader.

11 comments

  1. I've always wanted to learn watercolor and painting. I should do this goal before the year ends. Love your paintings, Anne! What mediums do you use?

    Renee / http://www.renalexis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, Renee!! :) Thank you, life can be beautiful, and I feel most inspired when I imitate it through art. I love using watercolor and gouache, though lately I've been trying out oil pastels :") thank you for making me part of your day, stay safe always.

      Delete
  2. As I think I've mentioned on your IG, these sunset paintings are so inspiring :) it makes me want to sit outside to paint the sky! Thank you for sharing these, they're so beautiful. I'd love to see more paintings - perhaps of your garden! <3

    nicole | nicole-isabel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did! I remember hehe :") thank you so much, it's lovely hearing what you think, and I'm glad it has inspired you to do the same!! Watching the sky is definitely a small but certain happiness.

      Garden paintings are definitely up next <333

      Delete
  3. I love your watercolor paintings! I have a hard time painting clouds but I might try again, nature is always a really good muse! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear <3 Yes please do try again! I love your drawings as well; know that I am a fan. ;) nature will always be a great muse indeed! Have a lovely rest of your week, thank you for taking time with me on here.

      Delete
  4. I recently did a drawing of a sky and beach scene, I love doing landscapes. Thanks for sharing! I have been busy but trying to do some whenever I feel like and i have time.
    Laila
    www.lailanblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Laila! It's so relaxing to paint landscapes. I also try to make some art after work, or especially on weekends when I can just freely draw or paint as much as I want and however long I can. Thanks for your time with me here :")

      Delete
  5. With everything going on, it is so important to take some mental health days or even breaks. Relax! I love your watercolor! Looks so cool and well put together. I feel you about not painting for a while. It has been a few weeks for me so far. Love the painting adaptations from real pictures. I started doing the same a while ago. Keep it up!!

    Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! And I love your works too, especially your landscapes, they are the bomb!! I guess painting is something we come back to eventually. I love my mental health days, especially when they come in the form of a long weekend.. much needed time to remind myself life goes beyond work. Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  6. In time like this is so necessary to find ways to unwind and relax and painting is certainly one of them Gorgeous paintings You did such a fantastic job Cris

    http://www.photosbycris.com.au/?p=10104

    ReplyDelete