Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

How's Your Weekend?

Sunday, April 12, 2020



I've gone through my old blogs from the past years, and I've come to realize that I miss the kind of blog entries wherein people would just write about how their days went; plain and simple.

I have to be honest that these days aren't so different from each other; I wake up, work from home, try to unwind after, sleep, and then repeat. We've had the long weekend though, due to the observance of Holy Week, and it truly is a great time to just rest and to reflect upon the finished work of Christ on the cross. While Holy Week comes each year, may it be every day that we remember Jesus, that we have been redeemed and this life we live, we live for the glory of God.


What makes the weekend different nowadays when we're staying at home? That's for us to decide and to make sense of. Whatever you do though, I'm sure it's time well-spent. Sharing a bit of how mine went~

Thursday
  • I worked out with a friend, we followed along to Emi Wong's workout videos for the thighs and arms!
  • Continued watching Itaewon Class. It's a fun watch with the many different characters making things work together.
  • I had a virtual team lunch with my colleagues from the Japan office. It's our first time to have something like this, and it was truly nice to connect and talk about non-work topics. Despite it being a holiday for me, it was great that they respected this and invited me still nonetheless. 
  • I joined in a virtual  bible study together with the young people in our church. It was a first for me, and it was nice to see everyone and share our insights and ask how everyone is. 

Friday
  • Started off the morning with a dance exercise which got me sweating so hard; I didn't expect to! But I just kept moving around and not caring if I looked silly or not, what mattered was sweating and having my body sore after. I was laughing lots with my friend, as we were doing this over video call!
  • Read up on how to invest through Investopedia : - P Saving is great, and it is the very first step, but then there comes a time when you'll have to start investing as well. I think I'm at that point.
  • I took a glorious 2 hour nap in the afternoon, and it gave me the energy to power through the rest of the day with the things I want to do! 
  • I ate corn and watermelon. I MISS eating corn, and I love how watermelon is refreshing especially on these hot summer days. 


Saturday
  • I did some work on this day. I checked my emails, tagged them according to urgency so I'll know how I can manage the upcoming Monday, created trackers, templates, and basically just organizing everything in my work laptop. I don't have time to do this on weekdays, as my mind is programmed to just keep doing and doing, but I decided I needed to set aside time to just organize things. This is how I know I can be more efficient with work. : - ) #YoungProTips work can get pretty overwhelming, but we have to help ourselves.
  • I listened to The Strokes' new album, The New Abnormal. Wow guys, it's great, please give it a listen when you have time.
  • I did some laundry, because it's great to do laundry when the sun is out and about, and the sky is so blue!
  • I exercised with a friend, we did Chloe Ting's booty workout, and this Tricep Isolation workout from Blogilates! It burns. If it's not hurting, it's not working.
  • I finally finished watching Itaewon Class! I now want to open up my own restaurant together with friends. Now, I'm off to watching Steven Universe. Anyone who has watched it? 

Sunday

It's Sunday today, so I'm writing at the present moment, and it's lunch time. So far though, what I've done in the morning:

  • Cooked pasta with mom.
  • Listened to 92914 ; their songs are absolutely dreamy, perfect for when writing! If you ask me what my favorite song is.... I like them all, it's hard to choose.
  • Listened in on the online Sunday service via FB stream.

There's still many things I'd like to do today, and I'll take it slow.
---


The photos used for this blog entry came from one of my 7AM strolls within the vicinity of my garden. I'm grateful to have this space filled with greenery and a spot for me to watch the blue sky. Check out this tomato plant we're growing!
---

In light of the season we are currently in, the simple question of how are you, how are you doing? takes on a different impact. Not everyone is the same in their level of openness when this question is asked, but it's okay, we should still reach out and ask anyway. We share what we can.

Do you guys remember what Blog Hops are? Back in the older blogging days, my fellow writers/bloggers would host Link Parties wherein we would just leave our links on the Host's Link Party, then we would scroll through the other links that were shared and we'd leave a comment or two. Perhaps follow along if we want to read each others' blogs. I want to bring that back (minus all the rules) and have a sense of community; and after all, we probably have already seen each other from time to time in others' spaces too.

I'll start with this post, by asking you guys to share a link to your latest blog post, or maybe a little something about your weekend? It can be anything you want to share. You can also share this Link Party to others as well, I would love for us to discover many new blogs to read.


How's Your Weekend? Blog Hop /closed/


I hope you're well and safe, dear reader, and I want you to know that I'm open to having conversations with you whenever and if ever you need it. : - )

Follow

28 comments

  1. Joined the Blog Hop! ❤ Btw, I just started watching Itaewon class but the first episode already made me cry 🥺 I'm skeptical if I should continue because I can't handle drama 😭🥺 Anyway glad that you are doing okay. Stay safe!

    A.Choi
    http://anywherewithchoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Choi! Great bumping into you here.

      Sher
      http://simplysherlyn.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. The first episode of Itaewon Class caught me off guard!! Same as you, I had to think twice whether I should continue watching it till the end.. but ended up watching it anyway. No regrets, as it gets better through and through. :D stay safe always, Choi!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Anna! Excited with the Blog Hop. It's my very first one to join. What a lovely time spent to your long weekend. I love 92914, too (but I always get the numbers messed up haha)! Great minds think alike.

    Sher
    http://simplysherlyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed at getting the numbers messed up! That is so true though. I remember our condo days and blasting K-indie on slow mornings. :") super glad to see you writing more often ;)

      Delete
  3. I've almost missed when people used to just write about their day on their blog, this was a nice return to those times. I've been doing a lot of drawing lately and the new Strokes album is so good! Loved this ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed reading those kinds of blogs, and I so wish that there were more of those nowadays; we need raw and simple content. :))
      Happy to hear you're drawing lots!! I've had The Strokes new album on repeat while working haha

      Delete
  4. Omg, I surely miss those days! My blog used to be a diary then. I remember uploading cute smilies/emojis on my ftp to make my entries cuter. Haha. And blog hopping, yes!! I love doing blog hops because I discover new blogs to reaad. Ahhhh good old days!

    Bee of https://beecaluya.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used loooots of emojis too before! :o :)) but then as the years went by, our writings surely must have evolved. I still look back at them from time to time though, and cringe a bit, but it's all good!!
      There used to be so many blog hops before, and it was a lot of fun going through people's entries. Let's bring it back! Haha

      Delete
  5. It's so nice to say what other peoples day to day entails during these circumstances, I'm always looking for some inspiration to keep busy!

    Omg, I used to love doing blog hops. You felt a lot more supported back then than you do now, I feel. Hope you have a lovely day :)

    https://shellyspassport.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Shelly, thanks for dropping by :) Enjoyed reading about your travel to Krakow for 5 days. I agree with you, that the support was more felt before; nowadays blogging is mostly for business/income generation I feel. But that's okay, I'm happy to find kindred spirits such as you! Take care always.

      Delete
  6. Aw, I read your comment on my post and I feel like I've walked back into how the little blogging community felt back in the olden days -- and then you started about the blog hop! Ha!

    I'm so happy to find that you did this kind of entry, normalises the way how working from home affects our day to day life-- but still encourages to find the loveliness of each day. Hope you had a wonderful Easter! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and can I thank you for putting 92914 in here-- I've started with their most popular tracks on Spotify and I'm hooked!!

      Delete
    2. Louise!! I enjoy reading your blog entries :) the old blogging days were fun; amazing how everything has evolved. Blog hops were a thing before, and it feels so nostalgic.

      Wooo I'm glad you like 92914 :) their songs are lovely indeed. Enjoy listening, and I hope you're having a great week so far.

      Delete
  7. Oh love this,I binged the Tiger King, thanks for posting!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! Good to know you're watching Tiger King; I've heard great things about the show :) have a good rest of your week!

      Delete
  8. I loved Itaewon Class, and I'm sad it's over! I need to find something else to watch now!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed watching Itaewon Classit; it was fun to watch :) I'm taking a break for now from watching.. but perhaps I will find another Kdrama to binge sooner or later :)) this is always the case for me!

      Delete
  9. due to this pandemic, my weekends barely feel like weekends anymore simply because now that it's been 3 weeks of WFH, even weekdays kinda feel like weekends for me lol. i realised that as long as i'm working in my own habitat (aka my apartment and in my lovely lovely bed where it's basically an introvert's sanctuary), i don't mind doing some work stuff. i just see it as being productive but in my comfy little space which is just absolutely cozy. i see so many people complain about feeling bored during this quarantine and... luckily, i just can't seem to relate! i mean, i was a little bit bored during the first few days simply because i missed going to coffee shops or the mall (not the social interaction bit, lol) but now, i'm seeing this from a different perspective and i've been utilising this quarantine time to, well... research about things i like from anything and everything! lately i've been into astrology & cosmic witchcraft studies so that's what i'm researching about.

    Élise
    www.teanenbaum.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you in missing going to coffee shops! It's definitely one of the places I will return to once everything goes back to normal. I'm glad you're making the most out of your time during this season of quarantine; the days have been a blur, I don't exactly remember on what day of the quarantine we're currently in, but definitely good to see all this in a different light as we do our part in flattening the curve. Hope you continue to stay safe and explore more about the things you've been curious about lately. Thanks for sharing, Elise! So happy you dropped by :")

      Delete
  10. I'm studying for my final discussion! :)

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your studies, Jules! Hoping you ace it with flying colors. Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  11. I miss reading blog entries like these! I remember starting my very first blog back in highschool and used that as a medium to express how I felt and document the tiny events that happened during the day. Thank you for bringing it back through this blog hop :) Joining in the tribe!

    I hope you are having a fine week so far. Take care always!

    Love always,
    Ate Hanna
    https://www.heydayswithhanna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed; I love love documenting life through writing, definitely! <3 Take care as well!

      Delete
  12. Sounds so lovely! I love it when people simply just blog about what they got up to.

    Isabel x
    isabelmarcelo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I agree with you Isabel. :) Need more of these going around, I say.

      Delete
  13. Now that I am home every single day, I try to maintain a routine so to be busy and don't fall into boredom. The weather has been so nice these days though so I can't wait to be able to go outside again!!

    Cate ☾ 35mm in Style | Photography + Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, routines are helpful especially during this time.
      I'm glad the weather has been good in your area! The sky is always so blue here in mine. It's tempting to go outside and go places, but we must do our part and stay in for now.

      Delete