Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

WALK WITH ME: One Morning in York, England

Wednesday, March 6, 2019




I think York's railway station is one of my favorites. I felt like this was yet again one of those places where I found myself stuck in time because of the whole structure and the color of the place.






 York Railway Museum



Just a few blocks away from the train station is the York Railway museum. Entrance is free! I like the retro signages.


As a person who doesn't hop on trains much, I was pretty excited to see all the different kinds of trains they have here. You see, there aren't much train lines here from where I come from. My first experience of riding a train came when I was in college, and that was when I simply wanted to explore China Town, which was approximately 10 minutes away from my university.









The old sign for the Underground!! Cool.

Shambles



We passed through here as we walked our way to the Shambles. Simply put, the Shambles is a narrow street in York where they sell all sorts of vintage items. 


There's also a market where you can buy food and all sorts of desserts!


If you're a Harry Potter fan, you must know that the Diagon Alley was inspired from the Shambles. I'm not a hardcore fan, but I could already tell, what with this signage!


Lots of shops line this street. It's really narrow, and if you come here later in the day, it would probably be very crowded. It's fun to see how close the establishments from each side of the street are, like literally just inches away.






And by the end of the street, we found the top of York Minster.

York Minster






I spy spires. I took this photo when we finished eating lunch by the park beside this majestic cathedral. It was nice to simply sit down and listen to the church bells ringing once the next hour comes.

Entrance fee are as follows:

Minster only
Adult - £11
Seniors and students - £9
Child (under-16) - free with a paying adult

Minster and tower
Adult - £16
Seniors and students - £14
Child (under-16) - £5


And then after lunch, we boarded the train going to Durham, where we spent the remainder of the day.

---

I hope you enjoyed reading, and I hope you have a great rest of the week. 


Follow

Post a Comment