Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

STRATFORD-UPON-AVON: Tudor Revival Style

Sunday, December 9, 2018


I definitely felt the medieval vibes in this place, and much to my surprise, quite a bit festive too as we passed by the shops.



Our main agenda for going here was to see Shakespeare's birthplace and school. After seeing those two things, we walked around and I observed how there were lots of identically styled houses. My sister told me that these were Tudor Revival houses.

Tudor Revival homes were popular during the medieval times way back in the 19th century. It's easily distinguishable, as it has its signature asymmetrical design and with the half timbering feature. It can easily remind you have a nice quaint country home out there with the rolling hills.


Inspired by the new information I learned, I wanted to see much of these kinds of houses and take their pictures, so here's a picspam!




There are many shops and cafes lined up here, and even shops that already sold Christmas decorations.




How are you today? : - )


I love how these phonebooths are everywhere.


And the OG tudor style home: Shakespeare's birthplace.


Another notable thing was that on our way here, we were able to see a glimpse of the Cotswolds. This area is filled with all the rolling hills, meadows, valleys, and medieval villages. The most interesting thing I saw would be the stones strategically stacked on top of each other; it made me think again about how much time people spent creating such stone fences.



Taken from inside the bus!!
---
That's all for my picspam, and a couple of knowledge nuggets :-) 


Follow

1 comment

  1. beautiful architecture I have always loved this style of house thanks for sharing
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete