Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

MUJI 2018 PLANNER: April - July

Wednesday, August 15, 2018


It's already August! We're well into the middle of the second quarter of the year. This is a much overdue update on the planner. Here is four months' worth of highlights.


This is my third post for my Muji spreads! Here's the first and second ones ♡♡


I edited the brightness of my photos to protect my personal notes, and most pages have these. ♡♡

As I leafed through my planner, it felt like I was slowly uncovering patterns in how I chose to spend my days. One thing for sure is that I don't like to be idle. I need to be doing something or if my schedule allows it, I want to be listening to someone and engaging in good conversation.

I also see that this planner is one that I've updated most constantly compared to previous years, and I am immensely proud of myself for being consistent!

Now, I want to share with you some monthly highlights. It's funny because when I go through previous months' worth of scribbles and notes, I try so hard to remember them and I actually ask myself: "Wait, I did that?". It turns out I don't have the best memory at all. Haha! But I guess I'll take it as a sign that I need to write more. Even if it's not at a lot. Even if it's just a phrase, so I can remember better.


Most Fridays I spend at home.. :") I do love going out and making plans, but I've come to accept that there will be Fridays wherein I'll be spending it at home, either doing my hobbies or sleeping earlier than usual. #adulting

On weekends, I do even more hobbies, and I still make lists. Making lists has become a lifestyle for me, mostly because I want to make sure I'm able to utilize the weekend well.

One of my hobbies is definitely my blog. I've been thinking a lot about this blog and what it means to have a personal blog, and what makes it truly personal? It's something sitting in my drafts for a while now. But one thing I do enjoy and I hope others won't tire of would be reading and appreciating genuine writing. Writing because you enjoy it and it feeds your soul. Writing because you want to reach out to others, unexpectedly sharing the same experience and connecting really well.




In April and May, I read two books. I just don't spend so much money on books, but I really love to read. I'm really sad public libraries aren't a thing here where I live. If it was, I'd probably be borrowing tons of books.. just like how I did it back in school.

Another thing is that whenever I browse through the books being sold in local bookstores, they often don't appeal to me. I wish they had a wider range of book selections. I wish they had books on essays of authors or biographies, and not just stick with YA books with formulated stories. Idk, just my two cents. I need something deeper. If you have any suggestions, please please tell me.


I've come to accept that as we grow older, our priorities shift, and we no longer have the luxury of time like we used to think we'd always have. But I'm thankful for catch ups with close friends, in which they help me in taking a good step back and in placing things into perspective.


A week wherein I exercised consistently. This was in preparation for my England trip because I knew for sure that we were going to be walking a lot. And sure enough, we did. I was so happy when I came back because I was so sure I lost weight, but I think a month after all that walking, I must've already gained everything back.


I received a painting the day before my flight. I've been expecting it, and it came at the time I least expected it. Still, it made me really happy, because I rarely receive anything in the mailbox. I want to send handmade paintings too to the blogger friends I've made on here, sometime this year. What do you think?

But I do want to get to know my readers more. I'm really open to it, though I'm not sure yet how to go about it. I want to go beyond commenting on the latest entries, and go for full conversations.


I saved some tickets because I'm sentimental, and it's my first time in Europe and I fell in love. I also wrote down our full England itinerary! :-)


People would ask me about what my favorite part of my whole trip was. To be honest, I don't know how to answer this, because there were many. But I think the most important part was that I got to experience it with family, while they are still able, while my sister and I can give back.


Doing my laundry makes me feel like a boss. Girl boss~ it's the one thing I know I'm doing right fo sure. Ever feel that way?


July flew by, and there was a time when I got sick for a week. It was hard for me to concentrate, I couldn't taste my food, and I was easily irritable because I couldn't sleep so well due to a clogged nose. This was the time when the sun didn't show for weeks and it was raining hard even though the typhoon wasn't in Manila area.

I did overcome it though by sleeping even earlier, squeezing calamnsi into my cup of water, gargling salt in the morning, and drinking my meds. It's a reminder that I'm not invincible no matter how hard I try. Also, I've been wearing a big thick jacket now in work because it's winter there always.

---

And now we're right smack in the middle of August. One tiny victory I'd like to share with you all is that I've started posting on my blog's Instagram account! I decided to have both a personal and blog account for Instagram because I realized I didn't want to expose all the family and friend photos on my personal one. Not that I don't want you guys to see how they look like, but because I wanted to consider their privacy as well. I don't want to archive any of my posts either on my personal account, because I'm sentimental and I look back at my feed from time to time, messy as it is (I don't really plan what I post haha).

Here's the first post of my blog Instagram~

Let me know your Instagram accounts down on the comments section, I'd like to follow along as well.


Thank you for reading, dear reader. Have a great August!



Follow

18 comments

  1. Oh I really like this planner. It looks a lot like a bujo and planner combined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Angie! I simply love this planner because I can be creative with it and write/draw on it in any way I want. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Your planner is so beautiful. I have a friend who creates a planner/bullet journal like this and I am always in awe of her talent. Your work is truly art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fairy Princess! :) I truly enjoy writing/decorating my planner, and I love seeing people's spreads as well.

      Delete
  3. I love this! I have a thing for artwork in bullet journals and student art journals. I don't have the talent myself, but I sure love looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I love looking at journals and planners as well.

      Delete
  4. Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one being sentimental enough to even keep train tickets when I do trips ahah! I really like how you plan, is really personal and creative.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'm glad I'm not alone in this! :') thanks for letting me know. Haha! Thank you so much, I keep telling myself every year to lay it low with the decorating but I can't help myself!

      Delete
  5. I love this so much! I love collecting little souvenirs like tickets and glue them to my bullet journal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one <3 Thanks for dropping by, Asmaa! :)

      Delete
  6. I am so excited that we're past halfway through August! Love your planner - Muji makes such great products. It's super affordable and it's great that you're taking advantage of them. I like the scribbles in your planner. I try to make mine busy but it gets challenging XD. Hey, nothing wrong with spending a Friday at home. I'm here spending mine returning comments ;).

    I can totally relate to you about having a blog as a hobby.

    PS. Still in love with the doodles in your planner! I agree that the older we get, the harder it becomes to keep in touch with others. The most we can do is try, right? It's great that you started posting on your blog's IG Account! I need to get on mine XD.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time flies! I think the one thing I'm looking forward to is Christmas. My surroundings just seem to be a lot more positive during the ber-months. I agree with you about Muji; I love their minimalist design, most especially with their planners, because I get to decorate them in any way I want. <3 I take time out of my day to really write on my planner; I like seeing how the day went. On busy days, I try to work on it on the weekend. Haha!! My Fridays are for sleeping nowadays... while everyone's out.. I just need sleep. :'))

      Yay! Blogging is my favorite hobby. It's what excites me to get home right away from work.

      Thank you thank you so much! I will keep doodling. :) And yes, it's so nice when I get to catch up with friends in person, and seeing how much they've grown or what they're working towards at. What's your IG?? I'll follow you!

      Delete
  7. I received a Starbucks planner as a graduation gift so I stopped using my bullet journal. I also don't like being idle. I always want to do something than wasting my time but I also give myself breaks from time to time. I deserve it anyway. There are also days that I'd just give myself a day doing nothing. :)

    Augustin Ra | Indie Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried using Starbucks planner last year, although it didn't stick with me; I eventually stopped using it huhu. I realized that I prefer decorating it on my own and needed pages that I could do both writing and decorating, so I'm definitely happy with my Muji planner. :')

      I like that you mentioned it's good to have days that you don't do anything, because it's true! We all need a break.

      Thanks for dropping by, Ra! :D

      Delete
  8. What a lovely planner you have! I guess the format is great to drop all your creativity inside. About the books, one thing I discovered that helped me read much more are ebooks. You find so many good essays online and you can read them on a device. I got a tablet a few months ago and it's been a great investment.

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you about the format! It's what I loved the most about my Muji planner. :') thanks for sharing about ebooks. I'll try to check it out some time :)

      Delete
  9. Oooh I really like your Muji spread! I also keep a journal/planner and I honestly would feel so lost without it. It's fun to look back on the memories you made and that is also really sweet and thoughtful that someone sent you a painting!

    That's also really interesting that there aren't a lot of libraries where you live! I hope that changes in the future >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rezina :) I feel you about keeping a planner. I won that painting from an artist's giveaway from Instagram! :) She challenged herself to paint 100 paintings in a span of 100 days .

      I really think that our lack of libraries is the saddest thing to live with (okay, I'm exaggerating!!). :( There are libraries, although they're often found inside Schools and Universities. We don't have public libraries though, which I found is plentiful in other countries.

      Delete