Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

TAIWAN IN FEBRUARY: Day Three

Saturday, February 24, 2018

The sun finally decided to shine on our third day. We decided that it was going to be the day wherein we'd get to wind down and simply walk around, see what else could be around the area. We chanced upon the Taipei Botanical Garden, a quiet and green space in the middle of the bustle of the city.




This public garden is home to over 1,500 plant species with over 30 sub gardens inside (yup, it's a huge piece of land just for this garden, I love it.)


These people were bird watching, or taking photos of some water lilies through their equipment.


Spotted a greenhouse! It was locked though so I only got to take a photo from the outside.


I wanted to take one home so bad. These are #CactiGoals


I'm not so sure what to call this tree, but I liked its leaves. Reminds me of autumn? I haven't really experienced other seasons than summer and rainy, and I doubt that it snows here in Taipei in winter.


I was just really happy to see the blue sky.


We could learn a thing or two from this old man. I observed him walking around for a while then eventually sitting down on the bench. He just looks so calm and peaceful all by himself, listening to whatever it was on his earphones and silently observing his surroundings.

Since it was winter, there weren't much lilies in the pond. But still, a very serene place to be in, and I bet it's bursting with life during the spring and summer seasons.

Throwing in some photos from my walks around the city too!



My dad, everyone.






We walked all around, basically, and I enjoyed every bit of it.

The weather can truly be unpredictable, what with rain for two days straight then it being down right sunny the next.


I personally enjoyed this trip; I treasure all the new experiences, plus the time I've had with family was certainly gold. What I liked best was how the places I've gone to remains to be traditional all throughout. Not all the buildings were new, or high, or classy or any of that sort, but I knew they were all functional and efficient from the inside. I'd call them old-fashioned, but it is certainly their charm.


Day One | Day Two | Day Three

Follow

4 comments

  1. Out of all the places I visited, Taiwan definitely had the old school charm - with all the pleasures of the modern world!

    xx, Richel V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! I had a great time here, and I wouldn't mind going back! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful that the rain eased and you were able to have a good day. I adore the photographs. All of the nature looks so beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that we had at least one day of no rain! Thank you, Kassy :) nature was beautiful that day, indeed <3

      Delete