Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

I'VE WATCHED: Films Lately

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I missed doing this! Here are films that I've watched these past weeks. 



Like Father, Like Son (2013)
The story tells us about the lives of two families, wherein their sons were switched at birth, and they only realized this when the first one had to enroll their son into preschool. Surely it was a complicated matter, choosing whether you would switch the son you've raised for some years now with the son who has your blood. But then this film reminds us that you do not have to be bound by blood to consider someone as 'family'.


Bokura Ga Ita (2010)
So I kind of went back to a part of my past that I was fond of... which was gushing over shojo mangas and anime. I never really watched the live-action dramas, though, but I gave it a shot. It was OK, brought back a lot of nostalgia. I liked how everything is packed completely inside two hours. There's something about Ikuta Toma's nose, I like it.

Hanamizuki(2010)
My friend recommended this one as well. Hello, hello Ikuta Toma again! In this story, there's the provincial kids; one who stays as a fisherman and one who goes out into the world and fulfills her dreams. They love each other, but not once did they get in the way of each others' dreams. It was as if they knew that if they were meant to be together, their paths would cross eventually. Nothing was forced.

Kimi ni Todoke (2010)
This is the shy girl and popular boy kind of story! I honestly got quite frustrated with how Sawako couldn't speak up for herself and it led to many misunderstandings. I'm glad that she grew out of it, though, slowly but surely.

Our Little Sister (2015)
This one tells us about three grown sisters who attend a funeral then discovers that they have a little sister that their father left them with. It's a story of how the little sister eventually became a part of their daily lives. I liked seeing these sisters interact together, it all seemed so natural. I liked the cinematography, most especially when the little sister was biking around with the little boy along the tunnel of cherry blossoms. That was breathtakingly beautiful.

Castaway on the Moon (2009)
I remember watching this show on TV, although I wasn't able to finish it. It's about a man who has a lot of debt, and is tired of living. So one day he goes to the Han River to commit suicide, but the next day he finds himself on an island which was right below the river. Many things happen on that island, and what was most remarkable was that while he was living he there, instead of allowing himself to die, he did everything in his power to live. Meanwhile, there was a girl who was watching him this entire time. She is fond of taking photos of the moon and not going outside of her room. It was only when she saw him from her telescope that for the first time in three years did she find the will to go out, because she wanted to be friends with the man. Two unlikely outcasts in this fast-paced world.


Only Yesterday (1991)
It's about a woman who goes back to her province to take a break. She then meets kind people, and she enjoys the help that she gives to them. She also remembers her childhood and her family. It's a really nice reminiscent-coming-of-age-epiphany for her. I enjoyed every single bit even though there admittedly were a lot of dry moments.

From Up Poppy Hill (2011)
This one was cute. It's about high school kids wanting to save their clubhouse, and how the heroine has a crush on our hero, but it turns out they are siblings. Or are they?! I'm glad it was a nice clean tying up of loose ends; they did not waste time in finding out their true relationship with each other. All of a sudden, I see that the future is bright for these two.

Castle in the Sky (1986)
So action-packed! Basically reminded me of the greed of man with wealth and resources. We also see how nature gives us back the damage, ten-fold. 



Follow

Post a Comment